Hey guys! If you haven’t already noticed, I have a brand new blog! After having Blogger.com be my main platform since forever, I figured it was finally time for a change, and I knew Tumblr would be the best option.
When deciding what past posts I wanted to bring to this new blog it was kinda hard. Since I’ve been in this blogging game since 2011, I had over 500 post to dig through, and let me say it was quite embarrassing. I mean, I used to have my middle aged father take pictures of me in Walmart parking lots all in quest to be a “fashion blogger”. But that shit’s dead now, and i’m looking to start fresh.
I brought some of my favorite posts over to the blog, and know I will be back to posting new original content on the regular. I still have a lot that I need to catch you guys up on, so get ready!
I took some photos of my co-workers swaggin’ in some of our new fall pieces we carry at the boutique we work at. The fact that I have a job that allows me to be creative is super cool, plus I get to work besides amazing people like Jenny and Alex. More photography work via me on the job to come!
I’ve been following @MuseumBabes on Instagram for a while now, and after doing some research (aka actually reading their bio) I found out that they have a blog as well. Babes At The Museum features a wide range museums and art galleries along with all of the stylish women who choose to explore them.
The website inspires me to start my own unique street style inspired blog. Like maybe a blog centered around me taking pictures of people in fast food parking lots all over the USA. I can call it “Sluts in Taco Bell Parking Lots”? IDK I’m just brainstorming (obviously).
Up Until now I’ve felt so dead creatively. The inspiration to do practically anything has just not been there. Last week I shot and styled my friend Kaila Kwon. Kaila is a freelance makeup artist and hairstylist in the Chicago area, and now she happens to be my muse! The images I captured kinda revived me in some sort of way, and now I think I’m back on the right track.
Angelica Pickles in Prada | The Olsen Twins
Ciara, Lady Gaga, Britney Spears, Beyonce & Christina Aguilera | Grimes
Lydia Deetz in Givenchy | Roger in Proenza Schouler
Bart Simpson in Jeremy Scott | Spice Girls
You know that really dope white dude that appears in Das Me and Genesis? No? Well his name is Jesse Saint John. He only happens to be one of the coolest people in the cyber werld right now, and his illustrations are so stoopid good that I’m obsessed. Check out his Tumblr stoopidjessie.tumblr.com #YoureWelcome
Since Valentines day is coming I know a lot of yawl are nervous! Only 3 more days to find out if you’re a main bitch (Beyonce) or a side bitch (Michelle Williams)! Luckily I don’t have those types of problems because I have the best love life ever. I only listen to Lana Del Rey while crying and chain smoking in the bathtub so I can be more relatable to you guys. But don’t panic, Purp’s here to help you find true love just in time for V-Day!
1. Liquor = Love I met my last ex boyfriend at an art gallery. We danced together to 90’s R&B shit until he got really wasted and got into a physical altercation with the party thrower. If it wasn’t for the alcohol I wouldn’t have been drunk enough to think that the whole incident was really sexy and we probably never would’ve ended up making out thus starting our love affair.
2. Find out what his/her astrological sign is. Yes this really matters and yes that saturn-venus-moon shit is key to everything. Just go to the love compatibility section of Astrology.com and see if your signs work well together. Most likely it’ll say that you guys are a horrible match but haters gon’ hate.
3. Eat carbs all the time. Like seriously give no fuck about your figure! Guys (black men) love women with curves. Scream when you see girls posting workout pics to Instagram and wipe your tears with a slice of pizza #teamdeepdish
4. Be paranoid about everything. If he doesn’t text you back right away he’s obviously fucking your bestfriend, even if she does happen to be sitting right next to you as you desperately wait for him to respond back. Its happening, and your life is horrible.
5. Go for someone who was born in an entirely different decade than you or at least 5 years older. Its simple, a.) They have more money than the dumb college boys who eat Ramen just like you b.) They most likely know how to make a women have an orgasm or at least should by now c.) They’ll take you on nice dates unlike people who were born in the 90’s who think they’re able to fuck by just getting you drunk off of cheap liquor (Who am I kitten this totally works!), and d.) If you have daddy issues he can almost be like a second dad or something
6. Seek out someone in high power position. This means if he gets paid by the hour he’s not worth your time ladies. Salary earners or business owners only! BUT SERIOUSLY, make sure that they at least have a good reputation and are popular enough to get your underaged self into all the cool clubs in Chicago. Your dream to be a socialite is #real and should not be played with.
7. Be Nice to everyone. A lot of times its hard to be nice to unfortunate (ugly) people let alone give them the time of day, but I can’t stress how important it is to be nice to everyone. Just because he’s #physically not the move doesn’t mean he’s not figuratively ($$$) the move. So be nice, and maybe he has some attractive friends that are more qualified to be in your presence.
8. Blog and tweet about your personal life. Haven’t you ever wished that your significant other could read your mind?? Like he would just know that your craving pizza or that your still not over the fact that there will never be another episode of Gossip Girl. This is what blogging and tweeting is for! Whoever you’re dating is obsessed with you and lives to read your every aching word (kinda like the last guy I blogged about), so express yourself and they’ll get the message eventually and or think your really psycho and stop dating you, LOL it’s totally whatever.
Feel free to e-mail me success stories!